9. Create a list of all the negative things your eating disorder has given you.
- Additional body weight and stretch marks. (Okay, these aren’t so much a negative thing. Society just views them in a negative lens. But without my ED, it is true I would have less of both.)
- Cavities, or at the very least the ED contributed to dental problems. Purging probably did a number on my braces as well.
- Bad grades.
- A sense that I wasted my youth.
- Negative attention.
- Strained relationships.
- People that due to either frustaration or concern with my eating disorder chose to walk out of my life. Many of these were high school boyfriends. I doubt any of then were worth it…